Members from any area may attend any event organised by the Club. Events can be anything from a quiet weekend in the country, to a fortnight’s holiday abroad.
Events, usually known as “rallies” might have a specific theme such as a fishing competition, or they might be timed to co-incide with some local event such as the West Country Carnival. They might also be just a quiet weekend with nothing planned.
Members attending rallies are free to participate in organised events, or not, as they choose. We will never try to pressurise anyone into fishing, walking, line-dancing, kite-flying or whatever else we are doing, if they do not want to join in. Members receive an annual Events Program every January giving details of the years rallies. In addition, there are three newsletters per year in Spring, Summer, and Winter, detailing reports on past rallies and providing information on forthcoming ones.
The Club has an affiliation agreement with the Elddis Caravan Club of the Netherlands. This means that any of our members may attend any of their rallies (and vice versa). For more information on the Netherlands Club please click here.
Membership is open to:
* any person over the age of 18 years who is the owner of an Elddis, Compass, Buccaneer or Explore touring caravan or motorhome
* or any other named caravan made by Elddis at Consett…”
Membership costs just £17 per year (from 29/8/21). The membership year runs from January to December. Members joining after September 1st are enrolled for the remainder of that year and all the following year for their £17 fee.
Some recent ‘Themed’ rallies have included:
- ‘Drinking & Driving!’- an evening of remote-control car racing.
- ‘Christmas in July’ – an Australian-style Christmas complete with BBQ
- ‘Midsummer Pimms Party’ – cocktails on the terrace.
- ‘Beaches, Beer, Boats & Battlefields’ – a fortnight in Flanders
- ‘A Black-Country Experience’ – a day-trip to the Black Country Museum followed by a-pie-and-a-pint.